Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Let's Try This Again

Yep, we're preggo. The funny thing is, I was sure that this wasn't our month. You see, I had to travel to London on business this past month. It was either during prime time or right after. And the way my luck goes, I was pretty sure it was during. Alas, much to my surprise it was after! The funny thing is, I stepped on a plane to Phoenix to help out Boat and her cute little family after the birth of Hyatt, certain I wasn't pregnant. It wasn't until 3 days later that it dawned on me that this could be it. I surreptitiously called Steve on my way home from visiting a local quilt shop to tell him that it might be possible. His response was, "well stop and pick up a test." I didn't really want to take the test without him so I took it as soon as I got home and it was positive!

I will admit that I haven't been able to get as excited this time. You see, losing Danger is still pretty fresh in my mind. It was pretty devastating and I'm afraid to get all tied up in the excitement. I'm hoping that once I make it past week 11 that I can start to move on.

I'm not sure when we'll start telling people this time, especially in light of our past experiences, but I will probably tell my Mother. She got SO MAD last time. Love you Mom... :)

For all of you women that have gone through miscarriage after miscarriage (you know how you are), I admire your strength and determination to keep at it. I hope I can maintain a fraction of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment