Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


Saturday was my birthday and it was WONDERFUL! Steve did such a good job. We went to brunch around 11, then he swept me off to a surprise. He had been joking for days that he was going to take me to the U football game. Well, we all know that that would be a terrible idea, so I let him joke about it and continued to wonder where he was taking me. As we were driving around the U campus, I was thinking, wow, he's really taking this far. Then he pulled into a parking lot... there were tailgaters. Apparently the steam started coming out of my ears and I think I said something like, "I will call Shannon and have her come get me." He got a big kick out of it. Then told me that he got tickets to Thriller at Kingsbury Hall. Apparently he wanted to take it farther, but knew I wouldn't get out of the car. The show was really entertaining, despite an audience of 14 year old females who haven't been taught cell phone etiquette (their ringers were off, but apparently it's still ok to use your phone as a flashlight... through the entire performance).

After the performance, we came home for a little while. I was a little rundown, seeing as how I'm creating life these days. Then he took me to Em's for dinner. For those of you that haven't been to Em's, I highly recommend it. The food is incredible, and the service matches it. We left the restaurant VERY impressed, and we've been there before. It was excellent.

Steve then brought me home to a great birthday cake (see picture above). He got me a Kindle for my birthday, which is so fun! I felt like such a princess all day. He's so great!

On Sunday, Chris and Andrea invited us over for dinner. Wow, they're great cooks! Dinner was great and I rediscovered my love for Velveeta (it may be the pregnancy, but I'm going with it). Seriously, I haven't had broccoli that good in a long time. And they made me the most amazing three tiered cake. Hopefully Andrea will post it on her blog... it was so pretty. Steve and I also got to practice trick or treating with Dallin, and spent time playing with the very cute Piper. Bug let Dallin play with the math game that he built for school. It was quite impressive (both the game and Dallin's math skills). Thank you Chris and Andrea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment