Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bye Bye Acura - Hello Family-mobile!

I LOVED my Acura RSX. It was the first car that I bought all by myself, and I will always remember sitting at the dealer with my Dad, finalizing the purchase. It was a great car. Unfortunately, it was 2 doors, and a car seat, if you could get it in, wouldn't come out of the backseat very easily. So, when we got pregnant, we decided that we would have to invest in a new vehicle.

I started doing some research on cars at the end of last year. I knew I wanted a fuel-efficient crossover, and I wanted to make sure we took advantage of the preferred pricing that we got as a benefit of our employer. So I gave Steve a list of options, he did his research, and we ended up with 3 different options: The Chevy Equinox, the Mazda CX-7 and the GMC Terrain. We went out to test drive last weekend, just to feel things out and see if the car we wanted was available. We started with the Equinox. I knew immediately that it wasn't the car, which was good because they didn't have it, and didn't know when they would be getting the one that we wanted. Next up was the Terrain. As you can see by the picture above, I knew this was the one, and our search stopped there. We "sort-of" bought it last Saturday.

Car-buying has changed. The dealer had the exact vehicle that we wanted, but we weren't ready to purchase it because we hadn't sold the Acura yet. Believe it or not, they had an answer for this. It's called an open-contract. Basically, we signed all of the paperwork, but exchanged no money. They wanted us to drive it home that night, but I was uncomfortable with that, so we left it there (I still can't believe they wanted us to take it home). My Brother Chris was gracious enough to help us sell the car, and he did a bang-up job. On Friday, this super-cute girl from Vernal bought my Acura. I'm so glad it will have a good home. She was so excited about it, and I know it will be treated well.

So Steve and I went into the dealer today and finished things up. I got to drive the Terrain home (and all over the Valley for that matter) this afternoon. I LOVE it. It will be perfect for Tildy and I. We picked out a car that would be convenient for us and our children, and I think Steve can already see me driving it around, listening to Tildy's playlist that's stored in the car memory, with her in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment