So I'm a little late, but I went in to full-on vacation mode. Better late than never. Christmas was great at our house. I was fortunate enough to start my vacation on the 22nd, so Tuesday Steve and I went to see Avatar (80% male audience, marketed badly - not just for geeks, actually enjoyed the movie despite all mocking I gave Steve beforehand). We spent most of Thursday at Steve's Parent's house, then headed up to Snowbird for the annual Christmas Eve light parade with Chris, Andrea, Dallin, Piper and Bug. It was good times, and fun to remind Dallin that he had to be good or Santa wouldn't come.
Christmas Day was very relaxing. Bug was supposed to be over by 10, but apparently decided to sleep in, so Steve and I went ahead without him. Now Steve probably wouldn't want me to post this, but I'm going to anyway. I might have one of the most thoughtful husbands ever. We go through all of presents, and I have one left. It's a Tiffany & Co. box. Of course the little blue box is ALWAYS exciting, but I kind of thought I knew what was in it. I had asked for a signature necklace a couple of months ago and was sure it was that. So I open the card and it reads "A diamond for each of us. I love you deeply and can't wait for our family to grow and take shape." I burst into tears and open the box, the whole time asking him what he did. It's a beautiful diamond necklace, with the three diamonds in the shape of a heart. Seriously, I'm such a lucky girl.
Chris, Andrea, Dallin and Piper came over around 11 and we had orange rolls for breakfast. Look how cute Piper is in her adorable Christmas outfit. She has bo
ots that match that vest!
Bug finally made it over around 12:30 and Dallin was so excited to help him open his Christmas presents (and by help him, I mean that Bug got to have them on his lap while Dallin opened them).
It was such a great day. Bug stayed for dinner and beyond. We watched a couple of Food Network Challenges, played some video games, and just generally spent time together. I LOVED it!
No comments:
Post a Comment