Sunday, March 14, 2010

Matilda's Room - Part 1

We're finally getting around to putting together Matilda's room. It's about time. We had picked out her furniture in early January, and it was delivered last Tuesday. Matilda's room is now in what used to be our guest room. So we've done some dismantling and rearranging. Let's just say that it's a work in progress. Here's some "before" pictures (post dismantling, that is). I hope to have it done before she arrives :)
The furniture was delivered to the garage, and had to be carried up into Tildy's room. If it hadn't been for the dresser, I'm pretty sure Steve and I could have managed, but that dresser was heavy, so Bug took pity on us. After a pleasant lunch at Millcreek Egg Works, they got to it and within a few short minutes had everything unpacked and carried up to her room. There was a small snag with the hutch, which had some damage to it, but we should have a replacement in a couple of weeks.
We decided to go ahead and put together the crib and place the tree on the wall. We found a vinyl tree on Etsy awhile ago and thought it would be perfect. It arrived on Friday, so we took it out of the tube, and much to my dismay it came in many pieces. Chris is going to laugh at me for this, but I honestly thought the whole thing would come in one or two pieces, despite the fact that it will cover a large part of a wall. I didn't think about the fact that I would have to place each flower, bird and butterfly. Oh well. We're not painting, so I guess we have time to place vinyl :)

I'm quite under the weather right now, so putting the crib together was a bit of a challenge, but we are so excited to have it done. We're really pleased with it. And now I can get to work on the crib skirt and bumper pads.


2 comments:

  1. Are you making your bedding??? I am envious of your talent :)! You must post pictures.

    ReplyDelete