Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Matilda!

Matilda is one month old.  I wasn't sure we would make it.  I've never been more tired in my whole life.  But she is beautiful and precious and we love her dearly.  Here's a little bit about Matilda, having had the pleasure to get to know her over the past month:


Likes:

  • Her swing
  • Daddy couch (Steve's chest and belly)
  • Avent binky's (sometimes, but preferred over Mam's and soothers)
  • Her car seat (if only it wasn't borderline abusive to put her in it at night... I could get quite a bit of sleep)
  • People other than her parents - her Grandma, Uncle Bug and Cousin Daxton can put her to sleep like nobody's business
  • Cuddling
  • Car Rides
Dislikes
  • Getting dressed and undressed
  • Being naked
  • Waiting even a minute to eat when she decides she's hungry
  • Getting her diaper changed
Matilda is quite the little chatterbox, both day and night.  Apparently she makes quite a bit of noise when she sleeps at night. I only hear crying, so I don't know, but it drives Steve crazy.  She also thinks she's a big girl.  The pictures above are of tummy time.  She is pretty good at supporting her head.  She also has strong little legs that she will certainly launch herself forward with if she can get her toes anchored on something.  And as of Friday, she is 8 lbs. 2 oz.  When we left the hospital she was 5 lbs. 13 oz., so she's worked hard this month.  We're so lucky to have her!

No comments:

Post a Comment