I started back to work on Wednesday. I've had a lot of anxiety leading up to this day, but probably not for the reasons you would think. A month or so ago I asked my friend Sara if she wanted to share a nanny. She has an adorable little girl, Madison (in blue above), and she was going to have to start working in an office. So we started interviewing and we hired someone that we hope will be great. She can't start until the 25th, so we're using Sara's current nanny until then. I work at home, downstairs, and the nanny and the kids have free reign of the main and second floors.
I'm happy to report that all is going well. You see, I wasn't worried about Tildy or Madison. I was worried that Tildy would be too much for the nanny - with her screaming, that is. We were blessed. Last Sunday, Tildy took several really good naps, and was pretty happy when she was awake. We even took her to Steve's family reunion and she did great! The same thing happened on Monday and Tuesday. So I crossed my fingers and hoped that she would keep it up. She did, and when I asked Shinika how the day had gone, she actually said, "She's such a good little baby." Insert proud Mom here :)
Madison is really cute with Tildy. She hasn't learned her name yet, so she just calls her baby, and she loves her. Apparently at one point she was taking care of a stuffed bear just like Shinika was taking care of Tildy - holding her on her shoulder and bouncing, wrapping her in a blanket. It's so cute.
So our first week (half week) went well and here's hoping that this is a pattern. I don't think that Tildy is completely over the colic, but I can say for sure that she is MUCH better.
No comments:
Post a Comment