Saturday, November 12, 2011

Boo at the Zoo


We took Tildy to Boo at the Zoo this year, and she had a blast.  For those of you that have never been there, Hogle Zoo has Trick or Treating at various stations around the zoo the Saturday prior to Halloween.  So we got up early, put Tildy in her Wonder Woman costume and headed to the zoo.  It was packed and pretty cold.  But we loaded her into her wagon with her treat bag, and she was just fine.


 The ape house is my favorite part of the zoo.  I think the primates are absolutely amazing, but it's rare that all of them are out.  We were in luck on Saturday, because all of them were out.  They let one of the Silverback Gorillas out just as we were passing his section, and we had the most amazing moment.  Tildy's wagon was pulled right up to the window.  The gorilla noticed her, walked right up to the window, and they just stared at each other.  It was really amazing.  We all just stood there and watched the two of them share this moment.  It finally went on for so long, that I felt bad that we were hogging the spot from everyone else, so we moved on.  But it was incredible, and I'll never forget it.


I think Tildy's favorite part of the zoo is the Carousel.  We rode it four times, with fits at the end of each ride.  That girl loves anything that moves.

We had such a great time at Boo at the Zoo, and we'll probably head back for Zoo Lights.  I can't wait to take her again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment