At Christmas time this year we were juggling quite a bit. Not just the normal Christmas stuff, but work was still pretty intense for me, and I was also pregnant. I had figured out I was pregnant while I was in Mexico City, but was too busy to do much about it until December, so the week before Christmas I went to see Sandae, my midwife, and confirmed that everything was on track.
As usual, we participated in Festival of Trees this year. The auction was a blast as usual, with Steve and I hosting for wreaths. It's such a great night. If you've never been, you should go. It's a worthwhile cause and is a beautiful evening.
Santa Claus visits Festival of Trees every year. We were hoping that this was the year that she wouldn't be absolutely terrified of Santa. It wasn't. Maybe next year. And maybe next year we'll get a good photo :).
We also made the very dumb decision of going to see the lights on Temple Square.. the weekend before Christmas. I don't know what we were thinking. We did make one smart move by taking Trax to avoid the traffic. In addition to avoiding some unnecessary hassle, the kids had a blast on the train.
On Christmas Eve we convened at my house. We generally all travel to Snowbird to watch the skiers come down the hill with their flares and to have dinner. The weather this year was awful and we decided it was too dangerous to make the trek. We had a relaxing dinner, and the elves dropped off jammies for the kids. The girls all had matching jammies, and they looked adorable.
Christmas was celebrated at my Mom's house in the morning. We had decided that we would tell everyone we were pregnant on Christmas Day. So we put a t-shirt on Tildy that said "Sister, Sister, Sister" on it. When we got to my Mom's, we took her inside and went back out to unload the car. It took my sister about three seconds to notice that there was something different about her jammies from the night before, so she took off her sweater and I heard a scream from inside. Our jig was up.
It was a great Christmas. It was so fun to spend it with family. After spending the morning with my family, we travelled to Steve's parents where we broke the news to them and had a lovely dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment