Matilda decided to toy with us a little this weekend. She is a VERY busy baby, and I have been convinced that she's performing entire circus acts in the womb at times. However, Saturday afternoon, she slowed WAY down. I didn't feel her much, and what I did feel, wasn't as strong as usual. It was a pretty busy weekend, so I chalked it up to me not noticing, and all of the moving putting her to sleep. But she didn't pick back up when I laid down for the night, and Sunday wasn't much better. So this morning I decided I needed to call the midwife. I called as soon as they opened and was told to come in for an ultrasound. At 9:45 we were checked out and my blood pressure was high (I also officially got cankles this weekend... it's awesome), but her heartbeat sounded good. Sandae sent us over to the hospital for some antenatal testing, after telling me that I was done working out and that I was officially on modified bed rest.
We headed over to the hospital, with some trepidation, but at least feeling good that her heartbeat was strong. And wouldn't you know it, as soon as the ultrasound bands were strapped across my belly, she started kicking up a storm. She was SO active that they couldn't perform the test correctly. I'm so relieved that she's fine, but what a little stinker!
Steve has decided that we are having a "Stabs 2" and today just reinforced his theory. Stabs is what he calls my adorable little niece Tabitha. She earned the nickname in Church one Sunday. It was the Sunday after my Mom arrived home, and we were all there as a big family, taking up a lot of space. Tabs is always dressed to the nines on Sundays, so there she is, the 2 year old, in her pretty, puffy little dress and matching headband, when she notices her brothers kneeling on the ground with their pages on the pew, coloring. Deciding that was something she was interested in, she wandered over to her first victim (poor Daxton), grabbed the colored pencil out of his hand, stabbed him in the temple with it then side kicked him in the neck. Daxton didn't know what hit him, and Steve, my Grandparents and I were laughing so hard, we were pretty helpless. I adore her little independent streak... Steve is terrified of it :) I may move over to his side if I have to mother the independent streak...
Oh my. I'm glad everything is alright. Matilda wouldn't be a girl if she wasn't a stinker. I would know... I mother the independent streak.
ReplyDelete