April 5th was our second ultrasound. During our first one, they determined that my placenta was just a little too close to my cervix, so they wanted me to come in again at 32 weeks just to make sure things had moved and I was ok to move forward without having to schedule a C-section. Of course we were happy to make the sacrifice required to see Matilda again, and this time my Mom got to join us! It was so fun. She is very busy, as usual, and the ultrasound was no exception. Tildy's got quite a little kick, and while the ultrasound tech was poking around, she walloped her one. That's my girl!
As the ultrasound tech started, I asked her if she could confirm, again, that we were having a little girl. I know, I'm paranoid... We had started our third trimester class the Saturday before, and the nurse kindly reminded all of us that the ultrasound was only 98% correct when it came to gender. Of course that freaked me out enough that I wouldn't let Steve take any tags off of anything gender-specific from the shower, and I needed a second confirmation. I don't know what the percent accuracy is now that it's been confirmed twice (I'm sure Bug can calculate it for me, but I'm going to go with "very, very high), but I feel good about it now.
Everything else looked great as well. They even confirmed her weight to be about 3 lbs. 14 oz. I was thrilled to hear that! She's in the 40 - 50th percentile for weight, and they said that they predict her due date to be the first week of June, although they won't predict due dates :) Steve was 10 lbs. and 4 weeks late. I don't want either a 10 lb. baby or to carry one to 44 weeks, so to hear that she wasn't already oversize was music to my ears. And I don't think they will let you carry the baby more than a week past your due date anymore. Thank goodness for modern science!
We did get a 3D ultrasound picture of her, but I can't get it to show up very well. You'll just have to see it in person!
No comments:
Post a Comment