Monday, July 5, 2010
Colic... Grrr
It's been a rough couple of weeks. A month or so ago Tildy started being really fussy. We tried everything. Some things would work temporarily, but then the screaming would start again. We both felt so bad because we could tell that she was gassy, but was having a difficult time passing it. So off to the internet I went (thank goodness I'm a parent during the Information Age...). It turns out that she was colicky... great.
We tried a couple of things suggested on various colic sites, including massaging her belly, bicycling her legs and carrying her face down over my forearm while patting her back. No luck. We had one thing left to try, which was my diet. I was ready to try anything. So a little over a week ago I gave up dairy, caffeine, chocolate, broccoli, cauliflower, onions and garlic. A couple of days later she was a new baby. She'll let people hold her, she sleeps longer at night, and her parents nerves aren't as frayed.
I figure removing dairy from my diet will help me lose my baby weight. I had no idea how much cheese we ate! We're working on reconfiguring the things we cook at home. And thank goodness for all of the great ethnic restaurants around here. There isn't much cheese in Indian, Greek and Chinese food!
(P.S. Isn't the Pooh Bear adorable! It was handmade by a co-worker. Amazing! Thank you Brianna!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh how i enjoy your blog! Sophie had colic.... I had post partum depression... mix the 2 and it's a scary bad someone might die deal.
ReplyDeleteLearned my lesson though... A chiropractor can work wonders!!!!! Had Sophie adjusted and bam,,,,,,good as new. Had katie adjusted at 3 days old and never had one day of colic. just a thought in case you need the cheese! Love you all!