Once we hit Thanksgiving at our House, things get a little crazy because of our participation in the Festival of Trees. So, I learned a couple of years ago that if the house was going to be decorated and the tree enjoyed for longer than a week or so, it was going to have to be done prior to Thanksgiving. The Sunday before, we pulled out all of the decorations, strapped Tildy into the Baby Bjornn, turned on the Christmas music, and let the festivities begin.
Steve grumbles a little, but I think he secretly likes it. We have this odd shelf above our closet in our foyer, which is 2 stories, which he has taken as his own. For most of the year, he keeps these giant paper flowers up there with metal bugs as his garden. But for the holidays, the flowers come down and the pine trees and stacking boxes go up. It looks great when he’s done with it.
Tildy and Steve bringing up the trees for his forest in the foyer
Once I finished up with the rest of the house. I must say, I think Tildy actually enjoyed it. I guess what baby wouldn’t, it’s full of shiny things and lights and all kinds of different textures… it’s a baby playland!
Ribbon first!
Tildy helping decorate the tree
Tildy and her first ornament


No comments:
Post a Comment