Santa Claus visits the Festival of Trees every year, so we decided to get Tildy all dressed up to sit on Santa’s lap. Steve brought her over Saturday afternoon after my Tree Wrangling shift and I stood in the hour long line while he tried to keep her entertained. Fortunately, she cooperated for the most part and wasn’t crying at all when we sat her on Santa’s lap.
Our little girl has this crazy thing for hair. Unfortunately, I’ve decided to start growing mine out, so I have a little more length for her to grab onto, but it wouldn’t matter. She gets a good handful at the root and pulls – so that she can get it in her mouth, of course. And she has a death grip. There’s always a moment where you have to decide, as she’s causing you excruciating pain, whether or not you want to deal with the pain until she lets go, or risk losing some hair. She’s crazy.
So we sit our little girl down and beam with pride as she doesn’t scream. And then…
Straightening her out so she’ll be all set for her pictures
Tildy: Oh wait, what’s this. I like hair. Santa has LOTS of hair
Santa: No worries, I’ll just move this cute baby’s hand away from my beard
Tildy: Oh no you don’t Santa. I like hair, and I don’t give up that easy
Tildy: Yum! Tasty hair!
Santa: I’ll just lift her up in front of my face so that she isn’t near my beard anymore
Tildy: Oh my gosh! Look at all the hair up here!
At this point, with a Tildy-fistful of the hair on Santa’s head, Santa actually starts saying, loudly, “Help, help!” At which point Steve is laughing and the Santa Wrangler and I are running over to make sure that my sweet baby girl doesn’t pull out Santa’s hair in front of a long line of excited children.
That’s my girl!!!
Sweet Tildy, after her Santa attack









Oh my gosh Jessie she is soooo cute! I love the hate!!!
ReplyDelete