Sunday, May 17, 2009

Liar, Liar!

Well, we just returned home from our twice annual visit to Arizona.  It's VERY HOT down there.  It was in the 100+ degree range, and us Utahn's are not quite accustomed to that yet.  But we made it through and we're glad to be back to our 75 degrees.

Steve and I had decided that we would wait until after our first trimester to tell everyone who didn't need to know for health reasons, which made this trip interesting.  I don't know why, but I think there was more baby talk than usual.  Chris actually asked me if I was pregnant (although I think he was joking), in the rental car shuttle when we got to the PHX airport.  And yes, I lied.  For the most part, the rest of the trip was just omission, not lies.  However, I did lie the following times:
  • Chris, I am pregnant.
  • Boat, I gave up Red Bull because I'm pregnant, not because my project is almost done.  However, I had cut back significantly already.
  • Boat, I hope to be able to come down when you have Baby #4, but I'll need to clear it with my doctor, as it will be at the start of my third trimester - so I said yes, and doctor permitting, I will totally be there.
  • Everyone, we talked a little about Thanksgiving in AZ.  Not sure I'll be able to fly, so I'll have to consult my doctor first.
  • Boat, we have a boy name, but I can't share, and Milo is on Steve's list too.  It probably won't float to the top this time, but maybe in the future.  I hope that's ok.
  • Bug, I do like Takashi and really wish we could go next weekend, but I can't go... it's not that I'm not in a sushi-mood lately.  Not sure how I'm going to get out of Blue Cheese Potato Chips at Bambara!  Love you!
Wow, all this lying might not be good for Danger.  But I have to admit that Steve and I are enjoying sharing this secret.  There is much that can go wrong, and we'd like to deal with that ourselves, but we are also enjoying the adjustment to being parents on our own.

The trip was great.  It was my first day off since New Year's Day.  All of the kids were really fun and pretty good.  We ate way too much, but that's what we do.  Thanks everyone for such a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment