We also were happy to find our new Midwife. Her name is Sandae and she was recommended by Eliza at the gym. She's part of Avenue's Women's Center, which is connected to LDS hospital. She's great. She has encouraged me to continue working out, within some guidelines she gave me... of course, and she gave me the go ahead for one Diet Coke a day (oh thank goodness). We told her we were going to Costa Rica in a couple of weeks, so she's going to get us our lab work early to take with us. She's great.
So, this has been a pretty tough week for me. This is my last week at GE, and I haven't really had time to think about it, but it finally hit me yesterday. I didn't ask to leave GE, they sold my business. I love it there. They've been amazing to me, they did a lot for my career, for my resume, and I had a really bright future there. I will miss it tremendously. So I've been cleaning out my desk this week so that I can move to the "Amex floor" of the building. I have A LOT of stuff in my desk, and I'm temporarily moving into a smaller space, so packing up required a little more thought than it has in the past. I was going through some cards I had in my desk, and I found one that had a florists label on the back. I opened it up, and it said "I love you. - Dad" What a gift to me today. It was like I received those flowers all over again. Like he had been in the room with Steve and I when we saw Danger's heartbeat, and he wanted me to know that he was thinking of me. Thank you Dad. I love you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment