A couple of months ago Steve and I decided to tackle the painting in the bedroom. I wanted him to stencil a wall, so we had to move the furniture around and Steve proposed a new furniture configuration while we were at it. There was only one hitch with the new layout - we could only have one nightstand, and since I'm the one with the "alarm clock problem" (Steve's description), I had to have the nightstand. That nightstand had to go on Steve's side of the bed.
I try to be open minded about change. It drives me crazy when people at work try to make an argument for not doing something new with absolutely no good reason. So, I repressed my gut feeling over the whole thing and said, "why don't we try it. The worst case is that we'll switch it back."
A couple of months later I can confirm that that experiment failed miserably. I will honestly say that I thought it was OK. There were some problems with the layout - I couldn't see the TV over Steve and Steve's mattress divot was bigger than mine - but it was workable. However, last weekend we finally finished the stenciled wall. I had decided that with the wall done, we needed to put the furniture back to where it was. Since we were going back to two nightstands, we might as well switch sides back.
That night of sleep was AMAZING! Both Steve and I slept SO well. We weren't bumping into each other in our sleep, hogging covers, hitting each other when we rolled over... the list goes on and on.
I know it was such a silly thing, but what a HUGE difference. The grand switching experience is over and will likely never be revisited again!
No comments:
Post a Comment