The dining room has been a labor of love (and hate - but the hate came from Steve, with good reason). This is the first room that Steve agreed to stencil for me. It took a ridiculous amount of time to stencil that one wall, and afterwards we agree that he would only stencil one more wall in the house (which is the Master Bedroom wall shown in a subsequent post). Despite the amount of time and effort required, the end result is quite striking. I love the pattern and the color, and you can see it from the street. Most people think it's wallpaper until they get up close to it. I love this wall - and I'm never allowed to paint over it :).
I also don't have before pictures of this room, but here's the end result:
The mirror has a silver tone frame, which I wanted to emphasize with the curtains. Steve and I also made the valances over the top of the curtains. It was a little complicated to get the wood put together, but Steve was able to MacGyver something. I bought an extra curtain panel and covered the wooden structures, then covered buttons, punched a staple where I wanted them to create the look of them being sewed on, and glued them on. Mounting them on the wall was tricky, but I think they look great. The frames hanging on the walls have maps of locations that are important to us - where we were born, where we got married, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment