Sunday, May 9, 2010
Happy Mother's Day!
I'm counting this year as my very first Mother's Day. Matilda might not be here yet, but I'm doing an awful lot of work for her, so I think it counts. Unfortunately, I'm spending my very first Mother's Day a little under the weather. I've had a cough for a week or so, so I took some of the cough syrup with codeine I had left over from my last cough last night and took the day off. I got up late, had pancakes for breakfast, took a nap, then spent some time in my sewing room. Steve made me dinner and got me a really great frame for us to put a picture of Matilda next to an impression of her hand or foot. It's adorable, and so is he. We're sharing Mom with Boat and her family this weekend since it's Daxton's baptism, so we'll have to express our gratitude for her next weekend.
To my Mom: thank you for everything. I was telling Steve that no one ever appreciates their Mother for all of the work she did when she was pregnant. Seriously, it's a lot of work, both mentally and physically. Matilda may never appreciate me for incubating her, but Mom, I know appreciate you for incubating me. Thank you for spending 10 months focused solely on me, then doing it again three more times to give me three great siblings. I really do appreciate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment